Friday, January 23, 2009

Show and Tell Friday - Blogger Love

Kelli from Kelli's House hosts Show and Tell Friday. If you have something special to share, this is the place to show it. It could be a trinket from grade school, a piece of jewelry, or a treasured collection. Go to her place to join in the fun!

Today, I'd like to talk about the phenomenon of Blogger Love. I began blogging this past June and have been astonished at all the love I've received from Blogland.

Claudie from Canada at Tickled Pink sent me a shiny, pink package! I didn’t even know that a shiny, pink package would be accepted by the Post Office. Then again, Canada’s Post Office might be more accepting than America’s. Claudie is the definition of Blogger Love. Please treat yourself and visit her special blog.


Inside the wrapping, I found a green box. I love opening surprise gifts, don't you? I was squealing at this point.



Inside the box were two wrapped items. The smaller one is wrapped to resemble a pale blue rose, while the larger is wrapped in pink--Claudie's favorite color. A gray envelope with gold stars glued on was folded inside that same green box.


Inside the blue rose package, a Lipton tea bag tag is hanging out--a clue! Inside the pink wrapping, is something wrapped in blue--my favorite color!


I forced myself to STOP and open the card. I guess Mama didn't teach me well enough, or I'd have opened it first. Goodness knows the poor woman TRIED. Look at this sweet Christopher Vine card! It's pale blue (sigh) with a glittering cupcake tied up with a teal blue ribbon. The back of the card is almost as pretty as the front, but I didn't get a picture of that. You can see the tea bag twisted in a rose-like shape to the left on top of the pink paper.


Inside is the sweetest note: "Dear Sally
Thank you for being a friend and thank you for hosting Blue Monday.
Love
Claudie"

You can see that inside that larger blue package is this darling trinket box, and inside the trinket box is a pink heart and a red heart, along with a tiny seashell candle, filled with blue wax and sprinkled with glitter. It has a teensy shell that does not show up well. Obviously, I do not have a good camera, but I do the best I can.


Look at all this eye candy!


I took so many pictures because the trinket box is special. It is trimmed in gold and has a cross in the center, an open book, which I think is a Bible, and a communion cup. A staff of wheat is on the left and a grape vine is on the right. What a treasure!


The bottom of the trinket box says, "LIMOGES VERSAILLES PATCHI made in France."


I will always think of Claudie when I look at it. She is a blogger who defines LOVE.

*****
Ah, but that's not all. A few days ago, Monica shared the Comment Queen award with me.


I do leave comments when visiting, and I appreciate comments left for me. So, I really appreciate this award.

*****

And on Wednesday, Judith at Judith’s Quiet Moments shared this “I Like Your Style” picture.

I love the Bible verse on it. "Each one has his own special gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.
I Corinthians 7:7

*****

Yesterday two awards: Sisterhood Award and You are Truly Beautiful Award came from Susan at A Southern Day Dreamer. Susan is a new blogger who is taking off like a house a-fire. Go visit this popular lady.

Here is the Sisterhood Award.


And here is the You are Truly Beautiful Award.


This award reads: “You Are Truly Beautiful. Beautiful means so much more than just a pretty face! It also means that you are unique, and oh so full of grace! The things in you that go on much deeper than the softness of your skin. Are the things that make you beautiful, both outside and within!”

I would like to share some Blogger Love with everyone who reads and comments on this post. If you would like to have any or all of these awards, please allow me to give them to you; just leave me a comment telling me that you have accepted.

*****

"Everybody needs somebody" Dean Martin once sang, and I am enjoying Blogger Love.

For more of my Blogger Love, check out my giveaway on my sidebar.

59 comments:

April said...

Wow, Sally, I love the wonderful gifts you received from your blogging friend...how sweet! I'm sure your trinket box means so much to you because of the thought behind it!

Congrats on all your awesome awards. You help make blogging so much fun, so you're very deserving to be recognized!

Judith said...

how very thoughtful - take care, Judith

Raxx - A day in the life said...

What a sweet post on bloggy love, and you are getting your fair share!

Enjoy your gifts and awards, you deserve them all!

Deare Diary said...

Smilimg Sally,
I just wanted to tell you that I think that you do deserve an award for the great posts that you put out there for us to read. I wanted to send you the "Lemonade Award" but because you said that you had been tagged to death in a past post, I didn't want to overwelm you.
Judy

akawest said...

How sweet of your friends to think of you. You are indeed a special lady. Your winning personality shines through in all of your posts.

Enjoy your Friday!

Blondie's Journal said...

Sally...You are indeed one sweet lady & all of blogland knows that, especially me! You deserve your beautiful gift from Claudie and all of your awards!! :-)

Can your day get anymore wonderful??!!

xoxo
Janie

sara said...

What a special treat!!! And I love that each layer was a different color!!!

What a great day!

bj said...

Oh, what a lovely gift from sweet Claudie...that little box is sooo sweet and such a treasure.
Congratulations on your awards...I am so thrilled that everyone in Blogland loves you as much as I do.
Thanks so much for giving the awards to all of us...I will take them all and wear them on my sidebar proudly.
Have a blessed day, my friend...
bj

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats Sally... I've only been on Blogger since October and it's amazing how many new friends I have that are so very special...

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

WOW such a lovely post for such a little gift. I"m awfully glad you like it Sally. It was meant for you.
A "Smarties" cake is just a chocolate cake with a couple of boxes of Smarties candies on top. So simple and they loved it.
You are so very welcome again. It was my pleasure.
Love Claudie
xo

Anonymous said...

Wow Sally. What a nice surprise. You truly are a true blogging friend. Many times when I visit a blog I see that you were the first one to comment and many times you are the first one to comment on one of my posts. You certainly deserve the awards, and I am happy to receive them from you.
Happy blogging dear blogging friend.
Charlotte

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Sally, you are very deserving of all those awards and trinkets. It is always a pleasure to stop by and see what you have to say, and also a pleasure when you leave me a comment.

Have a lovely weekend!

Bridget said...

Happy Friday, What a nice note to end the week on. You have a whole lot of blogger love here and you spread your love to us each and every day.
Have a beautiful weekend, Bridget

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful box of goodies that you have received. I can imagine your delight.

Congratulations on all the great awards. They are well deserved.

Darlene said...

What a fabulous trinket box....so sweet! Also congratulations on your awards!

To answer your question the heart table scatters are from Target. They are on the outside of the $1.00 section and I think each box was $2.50 (there are a lot in each box). I have clear, pink and red. They are really CUTE!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise. The box is too cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Most Smiling One! I'm so happy for you. It's no wonder Claudie sent you love - you're just so lovable! I really mean that!
Congratulations on all of your awards too! and for passing them along. I agree with you - the love is certainly all over blogland!
You are the Queen of sweeties today!
Shelia ;)

Kristen said...

Blogging is such a wonderful way to meet new people and make special friends. I am glad that it has been such a nice experience for you.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sally, congratulations on your awards! You deserve them! :-)

And Claudie is so precious! She is as sweet and bubbly as can be, and what lovely gifts she sent you! :-)

Sending love to you on this chilly Florida morning. Are you brrrrrrrrring down your way? Send us some sunshine (actually some temp) up here! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Charity said...

What a sweet gift! Beautiful box!

Thanks for stopping by my Show and Tell. To answer your question, I use a Canon Powershot camera. I have had it for about three years and really like it. Also I use the macro setting quite a bit to get clearer close-ups. Most digital camera's will have this setting.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Michelle said...

Hi Sally!

Thanks for coming over and visiting Stella! She's doing wonderfully. She is at home now playing with the cats while I work. Quincy promised he would be good. :) I LOVE your gift you got. I just love getting presents in the mail. Makes life exciting, doesn't it? Congrats on all your awards too!!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Sally
What nice gifts and I am sure you were really touched by that Blogger Love. I just started blogging in November and I too cannot believe how nice everyone is and that people actually come and visit my blog. I am amazed by the whole thing and I am having so much fun making my rounds to all my favorite blogs. Great post today!
Roberta Anne

Belinda said...

Hi Sally! :-) What a lovely surprise from Miss Pretty in Pink Claudie! That cupcake card is so sweet.

And yes, you do leave sweet comments, so the Comment Queen blog award is perfect for you...its always a delight to see your name come up when I blog. I'm so glad I found you...and Blue Monday too, which I intend to take part in again next week. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sally I noticed that you received something blue and something pink. Blue Monday and Pink Saturday worthy!

And you are the comment queen!

Kathy b

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How neat that you received a package from a blogging friend! Congratulations on your awards! You certainly deserve them. laurie

~♥~ Monica S said...

Wow.. great gifts!!! :-) You are so lucky!

Thanks for sharing you well deserved awards.. I love them all!!
And might just pick a couple.. that would be nice to send on to dear friends :-)

Thank you, and have a blessed weekend!

Monica

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Such wonderful gifts! I know you will enjoy them!

Janet, said...

Wow, she really put a lot of love and work into your gift. Congratulations!The card is beautiful.

Baba said...

Good afternoon Sally, I love all of your treasures from Claudie...showing love to others is our goal in life!!! You are showered with awards...congrats...I will share the one of liking your style in my sidebar... thanks!!! Baba

Unknown said...

I, too, love to give and receive comments!

Kym-Anne said...

What a great gift! You can tell it was made with love. Congratulations on your recent awards.
Have a great week.

Kym-Anne said...

What a great gift! You can tell it was made with love. Congratulations on your recent awards.
Have a great week.

P. said...

Such beautiful things.

Alfazema

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful show and tell
I feel all warm and fuzzy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Great gift Sally and back at you with the blogger love...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lara said...

What a lovely gift. I like the expression blogger love, i also know what that is.
Blessings

FeeBeeKay said...

What gorgeous things, and awards - such a lovely, inspired Show-and-Tell to finish off the week! You must know by now that your blog is fantastic! FeeBeeKay

Elena said...

Wow, that is so cool! Sounds like she is some one who put her words into action:) I really like your background on your blog. Very fun to look at! Have a great weekend.

squawmama said...

Wow Sally you really had a great post on Bloggy Love... How true is all you said and congrats on all those fun gifts and awards... I will proudly take these and add them to my sidebar... Thank you so much for being so sweet and so giving... Have a GREAT weekend...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Cathy said...

What a sweet, precious surprise from your friend, Sally! And yes, you are definitely the "Comment Queen," bless your heart. Congrats on all the awards too.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What sweet gifts and awards!

I've been thinking about joining in Blue Monday now that things are slowing down a little. When I posted the little girl in blue picture, I even thought I should have waited for Blue Monday! I don't have a lot of blue things, but will soon share what I do have.

Katherine

Shimmy Mom said...

What a beautiful set of gifts. You deserve them.
Have a great weekend.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful and I love the shiny pink packaging too!!!

Thanks for sharing the fun of opening it.

Just A Gal...

Linda said...

The gifts from Claudia are simply beautiful. I know you will cherish them forever. Congrats on all the award. They are well deserved.

Anonymous said...

What a special treat for a special lady.

BECKY said...

How fun is all that!! And all those awards??!! You must be a great gal, and a blessing to others!!

Enjoy, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!!
Becky :o)

Lisa Cobler said...

What wonderful gifts to receive.

Patchwork Mill, Maria said...

What a wonderful gift! You are really lucky.
Congratulations for your awards!
:)
Maria

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

WOW!! You lucky lady..a present and then all of those awards!! How blessed we are..Sandy

Sweetie said...

Sally - how wonderful to receive such a lovely package with precious gifts. You certainly deserve the awards and the package. Your Blue Monday is something to which I look forward. I think that you are responsible for spreading much Blogger Love.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

What a treat! Those are really pretty.

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Sally; What a great post, and congratulations on the awards, if I may say, you so deserve them. How sweet and generous of her to send you such wonderful treasures.

have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Linda C said...

Such a special post!:) You are right about blogging friends!

Congrats on all your awards and the trinket box is just adorable.

Linda C

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful suprise for you!!

Anonymous said...

Sally, I agree Claudie is the epitome of blogger love. She is a real sweet person and thoughtful too. Your gift is so sweet and I would be squealing too.
Wow Sally, congrats on your awards. You are very deserving of them all. Your blog is well done and you are a faithful visitor. Good job my friend.

Have a wonderful weekend

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts from your blogger friend. Great awards too!

Gattina said...

Congratulations to your awards, and what a nice surprise in this parcel !

Anonymous said...

Good evening Sally, Congratulations on your pretty awards :>) What fun to recieve a package like that. I love it and especially the little trinket box. So pretty. That was so nice! All of us love you Sally :>) I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Wow, so many wonderful things to see for your Show and Tell! Lovely gifts and sweet awards. Thank you for stopping by my place :)